Global Exhibit Management wants to help reduce the stress level in all aspects of international exhibit and event planning. Foreign travel can be overwhelming and daunting so we've shared some of our favorite tips:
- Learn a few important words in the language for the country you are traveling to such as please, thank you, counting in small numbers (one, two, three). Invest in a pocket size translation guide or mobile app, particularly for use in restaurants.
- Make a photocopy of your passport to leave in a hotel safe deposit box.
- Contact your bank to verify your ATM card will work overseas. Many banks charge an ATM transaction fee but it is convenient and the exchange rate is often better than changing currency or cashing travelers checks.
- Before leaving for the airport check current rules regarding carry-on baggage for airports and airlines.
- Take electrical plug adapters purchased in your home country.
- Don't use hand signals overseas as they often mean something else in another culture. There are also differences in body language.
- Check with your mobile phone provider about international service and rates before leaving, purchasing a SIM card may be more cost-effective than roaming rates.
- Notify credit card providers prior to departure so your card won't be declined whilst overseas.
- Keep up to date with the latest travel information and bookmark for future reference www.state.gov/travel
For additional travel tips email us at email@example.com.
WBENC Certification 250750
D/M/WBE Certification WFDB999Y0919